Waiting on Wednesday: What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine where we highlight some of the upcoming books we can't wait to read!

Emily's Waiting on:


Title: What to Say Next
Author: Julie Buxbaum
Genre: Contemporary
Publisher: Dleacorte Press
Publication Date: July 11th,2017

Summary: Sometimes a new perspective is all that is needed to make sense of the world.
KIT: I don’t know why I decide not to sit with Annie and Violet at lunch. It feels like no one here gets what I’m going through. How could they? I don’t even understand.
DAVID: In the 622 days I’ve attended Mapleview High, Kit Lowell is the first person to sit at my lunch table. I mean, I’ve never once sat with someone until now. “So your dad is dead,” I say to Kit, because this is a fact I’ve recently learned about her. 
When an unlikely friendship is sparked between relatively popular Kit Lowell and socially isolated David Drucker, everyone is surprised, most of all Kit and David. Kit appreciates David’s blunt honesty—in fact, she finds it bizarrely refreshing. David welcomes Kit’s attention and her inquisitive nature. When she asks for his help figuring out the how and why of her dad’s tragic car accident, David is all in. But neither of them can predict what they’ll find. Can their friendship survive the truth?

Based on the summary of this book, I'm really looking forward to reading this. I haven't read a contemporary in I don't know how long so I can't wait to give this a try. Hopefully I cant get my hands on an arc, but if not, I'll definitely have a review for you after this comes out in July!

I would love to read one of her other books. If you've read any of Julie's other books, comment and let me know! 

What are you waiting on this week? Leave your links so we can stop back!

2 comments

  1. Yes! I'm looking forward to this one too! I seem to be going through a contemporary phase lately. I hope you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read this book! I got to meet Julie at the NoVa Teen Book Festival and she signed my ARC (which had just arrived the day before the festival). I love the new green cover but I love the old purple cover too. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️