Early Book Spotlight & Excerpt: Left Hanging by Cindy Dorminy


34145839

Title: Left Hanging
Author: Cindy Dorminy
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing
Paperback, 250 Pages
Publication Date: August 2017



Summary: As a nurse and single mom, Darla Battle hides her loneliness behind a smile. But when she discovers that the new cute doctor everyone is talking about is her daughter’s father, she knows she needs to keep her distance from the man who abandoned her and their child, Stella. When Theo Edwards returns to Nashville to finish his medical training, he never expects to run into Darla, a girl he spent one night with seven years ago. For reasons he can’t fathom, her attitude toward him is frosty, but he still hopes to ignite the spark they once felt. Once Darla realizes Theo doesn’t know he’s Stella’s father, she has no idea how to tell him the truth. And the longer she waits, the more difficult it becomes. When the situation spins out of control, can the two come together for the sake of their daughter? Or is forgiveness out of reach?
Today on The Book Bratz we teamed up with author Cindy Dorminy to introduce you all to her newest book...including an exclusive excerpt for all of you! The summary seems super captivating, riddled with conflict and the struggle of forgiving someone (something we can all identify with), and plenty of spark and romance.

Author Cindy Dorminy provided us with an excerpt of Left Hanging to share with all of you, so take a look!! *heart eyes* 

Exclusive Excerpt of Left Hanging:

~~~

Through her dark hair, which hides most of her face, she glances my way, not stopping her face washing or babbling. She tries to snatch some paper towels out of the dispenser, and they fly through the air, missing her shaking hands. “Are you lost?” she asks as she kneels down to pick up the mess on the floor.

I take her arm to help her stand.

“This is the women’s bathroom, you know,” she adds.

Whoa. Not what I expected. Maybe our time together didn’t mean very much to her. I thought we had something special. I wanted her real name, a real relationship. But she vanished after the fire, and no one I asked seemed to have a clue who she was. This little reunion is a shock to me too. I would like to know what she’s been doing all these years, but I get the feeling she doesn’t have the same curiosity.

“Yeah, well, we met in a bathroom, so I thought it was appropriate.” I cannot stop the Cheshire Cat grin from spreading across my face.

She stands there, focusing on the hand dryer, the sink, everywhere except my eyes. Cat’s got her tongue. I wish this cat did.

“Hello… Romeo.” Finally, she speaks.

I throw my head back and chuckle as I lean against the counter, crossing my arms. The edge of my shirt absorbs a puddle of water. “It’s you, after all this time.”

She throws the paper towels in the trash can, and her eyes flit around the room again. Sorry, girl. It’s only you and me.

It’s as if her hands can’t figure out what to do. I can help her with that. Eventually, she’s going to have to face me. She crosses her arms and huffs. I enjoy the scenery while she clenches and unclenches her fists. She is as beautiful as I remember. Not model, stop-and-stare beautiful, but purely, completely perfect-for-me beautiful. And she still wears that same uncertain “I’m not good enough” look on her face. But today, it’s coupled with a nasty nail-spitting stare. She waxes and wanes from seeming upset to acting as if she’s ready to smack me. Maybe I should take a step back in case she wants to make contact, and not the fun kind.

I remember how much her face lit up when she finally realized I really liked her and that I wasn’t playing her like some random hookup. We did hook up, but I was already gaga over her by that time. I remember later that night when she woke up in my arms, with one leg slung across mine, dangerously close to the fun zone. It’s something I’ll never forget. But here we are seven years later, and she seems scared again. Well, let’s see what I can do to get rid of that feeling for good.

“So, how long has it been?” She wears a painted-on smile that doesn’t reach her eyes.

I’m trying to be nice here, but she’s not making it easy. “About seven years, give or take a few months and days.” Actually, it’s been seven years, one month, and sixteen days, not that I’m counting. 


~~~
We're so thankful that author Cindy Dorminy was kind enough to reach out to us and provide us with this excerpt to share with all of you guys! If what you just read seems like something you'd be interesting in exploring further, be on the lookout for the book later this year in August!


1 comment

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️