January Recommendations!

JANUARY RECOMMENDATIONS


Hi guys! It's a new year, which means tons of new stuff will be featured here on the blog. So I've decided to start a monthly post where I'll recommend a couple of books for you to read, based on the stuff I've read and liked. I hope that this monthly little thing will help introduce you guys to some new books, and in turn, maybe you'll be able to recommend some to me!

So without further ado, here are my recommendations for January!

Book #1: The Royal We 

22875451

Title: The Royal We
Authors: Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Why I'm Recommending It: This book was actually recommended to me by our friend Rachel at A Perfection Called Books, and I'm a total sucker for love stories, so this one had me hooked from the get-go. It's the story of William and Kate, but with different characters, which is totally perfect for any romance fans, being that William and Kate are practically the most adorable fairytale love story ever. However, this book isn't just about the happy parts of their path to their forever -- there was a lot of pushback from the royal family and the public, and there were moments that made their lives very hard, so this book explores both sides of that. I am absolutely in love with this book, it's one of my favorites of all time, so if you're into any sort of romance story, this book's for you! If you're interested, you can read my full review here.

Book #2: Hotel Ruby

24465518

Title: Hotel Ruby
Author: Suzanne Young
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Why I'm Recommending It: If you're into any sort of psychological thriller, this book is for you. It's the story of a girl and her family who end up at a hotel in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, and at first, everything seems perfect. They make friends, enjoy parties, and have a great time. But when they try to leave...they physically can't. The hotel won't let them. And soon enough, they realize that dark and scary things are going on, and their fate ends up worse than they could have ever imagined. The entire time I read this book, I felt like the soundtrack to it could've been Hotel California by The Eagles -- in the literal sense. So, so creepy, but also so, so good! It's the perfect amount of thrilling, so if you're a bit of a chicken (like I am), I can promise that it isn't bad at all. If you're interested, you can read my full review of Hotel Ruby here.

Book #3: Zodiac

20821306

Title: Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
Author: Romina Russell
Publisher: Razorbill
Why I'm Recommending It: Anyone who enjoys Sci-Fi will like this book. I wasn't a big fan of this genre at the start, but I gave it a try, and before I knew it, I was hooked. The story imagines a galaxy where all of the twelve zodiac houses are actual planets with inhabitants who all embody the traits of that specific house. The main character, Rho, starts to foresee the emergence of a thirteenth house, which is something dangerous that could throw their entire lives as they know them in danger. For someone who wasn't that into Sci-Fi, this book had me hooked from the get-go. I just finished the third book in the series, Black Moon, and I'm eagerly awaiting the fourth! Even if science isn't your thing, I encourage you to give this one a shot, because you never know -- you could be like me and end up loving it. If you're interested, you can read my full review here.


I hope you guys enjoyed my first monthly recommendations post! Comment your thoughts down below if you read any of these three books, or if you plan on reading them! If you have any books that you think I should read based on these recommendations, feel free to let me know some of those too! :-)

2 comments

  1. I want to check out The Royal We so badly. It sounds so interesting!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing Zodiac covers everywhere, and they're so pretty. I haven't heard of Hotel Ruby before but that sounds pretty good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️