Waiting on Wednesday: How To Keep Rolling After a Fall by Karole Cozzo



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event where we highlight the upcoming releases that we can't wait to read! Do your own Waiting on Wednesday post and put your link in the comments down below so we can stop by and check it out!

This week, Jessica is waiting on...

25901548

Title: How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
Author: Karole Cozzo
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Paperback, 256 Pages
Publication Date: August 2nd, 2016
Summary: The party was at her house. The photos were posted to her Facebook account. That's all the evidence anyone needed to condemn Nikki Baylor for a cyberbullying incident that humiliated a classmate and nearly resulted in the girl's suicide. Now Nikki's been expelled from her old school, her friends have abandoned her, and even her own parents can't look her in the eye. With her plans for the future all but destroyed, Nikki resigns herself to being the girl everyone hates - almost as much as she hates herself. But then Nikki meets Pax, a spirited wheelchair rugby player who knows what it's like when one mistake completely shatters your life. Refusing to judge her because of her past, he shows her that everyone deserves a second chance... and everyone deserves to be loved.
Jessica says: I love author Karole Cozzo as an author and also as a person. (She's done some guest posts here during our #LetsTalkTough blog segments, and I also loved her first novel, How To Say I Love You Out Loud.) So when I heard about this book, I was definitely intrigued and I knew I wanted to get my hands on it. I feel that the plot itself is very important, having to do with bullying and suicide, and Karole works extensively with troubled students in her personal life, so I know that experience will lend a more realistic feel to the book. So I'm very excited to read this one!

Book Books animated GIF

What are you waiting on this week? Comment down below and let me know - I love hearing what everyone's weekly picks are!








3 comments

  1. Sounds like an interesting contemporary! And a Swoon Reads novel, no less. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it, Jessica!

    Have a great week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book does sound intriguing. I do think it helps A LOT when authors who write on certain difficult subjects have some experience dealing with or working with those who struggle with the issues. You're right I think it gives credibility and believably to the story. I've never read any books by this author but I'll keep her on my radar! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for putting this book under my radar! definitely added it on to my tbr list. ive never read anything by the author but i am very excited to read her work :) the cover is super pretty too so that's a plus <333

    isha @ two sisters bloggin'

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️