Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Blogging Confessions (#2)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This Weeks Theme:
Top Ten Blogging Confessions



1. I spent to much time on the blog: I have a lot of time on my hands so I either use my phone or my computer and I will scroll through some old reviews we have posted. 

2. I want to change the layout and colors every other day: Thank goodness I co-own the blog because if it was my own it would always have a new layout. Seriously, I used tumblr for a few years and I had a new theme every other week.

3. I am always thinking of new discussion topics or features: As I said I have to much time. I am always thinking of things to add or subtract from the blog including features or I am trying to think of new discussion topics. I am eventually going to try to make those a weekly thing! 

4. I forget to follow blogs I like: I do it often. I find a blog, stalk it, comment and then forget to follow because I want to keep up. I know I can go back into my history and find but still, why can't I remember? 

5. I get really excited over book mail now: Emails or physical mail, ever since I started blogging when I ever I get book related mail I get really excited. Last Monday I gave my brother a heart attack when he brought me my mail. 


6. I pretty much have to clear a whole three hours to put up a blog post. I have such a bad habit of starting to type for a post and then getting soooo distracted.
7. I have to put up a review no more than a day after I finish a book. If I didn't, I would totally lose all feels and emotions and trains of thought when I started another one.
8. I love when authors whose books we reviewed Tweet us back! We make an effort to tag authors in their links to reviews of their books on our Twitter, and I find it really sweet when authors Tweet us back with a thank you!
9. I love reaching out to other bloggers and collaborating on things like events and tours. Not as many bloggers as you would think are into this sort of thing and it kind of sucks.
10. I *HATE* reading ebooks. I know, I know--Amber is all for it, but I just can't do it. I need a physical book in my hand. (Any authors who send us ebook ARCs usually end up having Amber read them because I can't stand ebooks.)



Comment your Top Ten Tuesday below for us to check out! Here is our previous Top Ten Tuesday! 




11 comments

  1. #2! I am constantly thinking of a new design for my blog and would really love to finally have my own. Someday. Also #3 so much! But I never make the effort to actually turn those ideas into realities. I also love it when I do #8 and an author tweets me back. It one of the best feelings. :)

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when authors tweet us back. It's an awesome feeling! -Jessica :)

      Delete
  2. Loving your confessions! I'm a fan of the physical book, but I understand how convenient e-books are. I like to write my reviews as soon as I can as well, even if they're in draft format or scheduled for ages. I just don't like writing reviews days or weeks after I've finished the book. Reviewing shouldn't be difficult and I do find it difficult if I don't do it straight away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's so much harder to do when the book isn't fresh in my mind. And I'm that person who picks up a new book as soon as I finish a previous one. No waiting! -Jessica

      Delete
  3. I love it when authors interact too :) Even if it's a tweet six months down the line, and it reminds you how awesome that book was.
    UKYA authors seem to be the best at it IMO, I feel I can have full on conversations with them.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had conversations with authors after we tagged them in reviews before. It just makes you feel all-around good:) -Jessica

      Delete
  4. Love these confessions! I can relate to so many. Book mail has become my favorite type of mail, and I also love when authors show their appreciation! It's gratifying in a way I didn't expect when starting a blog.

    The ebooks... I don't know how I ever read without them. Granted once upon a time I had more time on my hands, but between being constantly on the go and chasing my toddler around it's nice to have the convenience of grabbing the closet device to read when I can. Though, there's nothing quite like the smell and feel of a physical book.

    Thanks for sharing! Here's our TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ebooks are the easiest for me. Though I rather have actually book in my hand, it is easier to carry my kindle around to school and stuff!

      Delete
  5. Book Mail is the best! I love collabs too and authors connecting is what makes the digital age amazing. I like ebooks especially for the conveniences of them like reading in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kindle has saved me and my sister from so many fights about shutting the light off at night!

      Delete
  6. +JMJ+

    #9 is surprising. Although I'm not into tours myself (Go figure!), I see a lot of tour posts on other blogs and didn't think it would be difficult to find willing participants. For my part, I'm lucky to have four people interested in a readalong!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️